To support practicum lecture, Communication Studies has 6 laboratories;
1. Laboratory of television production broadcasting
2. Laboratory of graphical design & digital video editing
3. Laboratory of sound system
4. Laboratory of photography
5. Mini theater
6. Laboratory of public relation simulation
THE OBJECTIVES OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES LABORATORIES
- Developing students' creativity and activity in appreciating and applicating the development of communication technology in learning shops.
- Providing skills to the students in the field of communication (software and hardware mastery) from the planning to the post-production.
- Organizing a learning environment which can create link and match between academic world and community needs for labor and the development of science and technology.
- Building professionalism attitude in the field of communication
THE FUNCTIONS OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES LABORATORIES
- As a supporting unit for the activity of Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi organized by the academic community, especially the Department of Communication Studies FISIP UMM
- As a means of students' training and practicum to get skills based on the discipline or study program of Communication Studies
- As means of appreciation to the development of technology and art as a medium of communication.